"The Last Crop" film screening
1322 Storer Hall, UC Davis
ASI is hosting a screening and discussion of the film "The Last Crop." The film tells the story of Jeff and Annie Main, owners of Good Humus Produce in the Capay Valley, who like many farming families, confront an uncertain future as development impinges on their rural community and their children choose careers off the farm. What sets the Mains apart is their resolve to ensure their land will remain affordable and productive for future farmers.
Panel to follow screening:
- Moderator Shermain Hardesty - Director, UC Small Farm Program
- Annie & Jeff Main - Farmers, Good Humus Produce
- Jennifer Taylor – The Center for Land Based Learning's Farm Academy
- Melanie McMadden – Marketing Coordinator, Davis Food Co-op
- Rich Leavy - Young farmer/farmhand at Full Belly Farm
- Edward Thompson, Jr. - CA director, American Farmland Trust
- Chuck Schultz - Director, The Last Crop
Light refreshments will be provided by the Davis Food Co-op.