Come to learn and discuss the following topics:
- State-of-the-science on nitrogen from the statewide California Nitrogen Assessment
- Success stories in nitrogen management from local farmers, and what are the continuing challenges to improving nitrogen use efficiency
- Examples from nitrogen regulatory and incentive programs around the country, and pros and cons of how they might work locally
- Cooperative Extension updates on nitrogen management research
- Updates from the Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program and Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program
Who should attend?
This workshop is geared towards fruit, vegetable, nut, and dairy farmers as well as CCAs/PCAs, UC Cooperative Extension and state agency staff
Friday, February 24
8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Kings County UC Cooperative Extension office
$8 for workshop with lunch
FREE without lunch
coffee and tea provided
CCA credits available (2.0 Nutrient Management, and 0.5 Manure Management)
Registration is required and limited to 50 participants
Co-hosted by the UC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program and UC Cooperative Extension, Kings County
Read the Executive Summary from the California Nitrogen Assessment here.
Register for the workshop here.