Muller Ranch, County Road 95 and County Road 18A
Using Compost in Tomato Systems
A Healthy Soils Program Workshop
Come for the compost spreading demo, stay for the BBQ lunch!
Please join us for an informative and fun event!
Workshop will cover:
- What is compost? What kinds of composts are there? How do I order it?
- Quality Control of Compost – How do we know there’s no weed seeds? How do we know there’s no pathogens? Will work in my spreader?
- Spreader Calibration and Spreading Demonstration
- Comments on Effects of Compost on Muller Ranch
- Coarse vs. Fine Particle Compost – Why are we doing this study?
- Yield outcomes of several kinds of compost on tomato, from UCD studies
- 11:45am BBQ LUNCH! Sponsored by Westside Spreading Inc. and Republic Services
Download an agenda and flyer below