Hosted by UC SAREP, FarmsReach, and Sustainable Conservation
Wine grape growers are invited to participate in an online forum to discuss vineyard nutrient management in limited water conditions. The free forum, which will run Jan. 12 through Jan. 23, is hosted by the University of California Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education Program (UC SAREP), FarmsReach and Sustainable Conservation.
Farmers and UC Cooperative Extension advisors from different regions will answer questions and share resources throughout the discussion. Participants can post a question in the forum and receive an e-mail when there is a reply.
To participate, go to
January 12-23, the Nutrient Management Solutions series offers:
- Online videos by farmers and UC advisors highlighting wine grapes
- Facilitated online discussion moderated by the series presenters
- New “Soil Nutrient Management Toolkit” in FarmsReach, with practical resource and info sheets.
- Maxwell Norton, UCCE Farm Advisor
- Ashraf El Kereamy, UCCE Farm Advisor
- David Smart, UC Davis Professor of Viticulture and Enology
- Pete Hoffmann, Viticulturist
Stay tuned for more online discussion topics throughout 2015.
The online series is part of the Solution Center for Nutrient Management—a growing resource for nutrient management research and information, online and in-person created by UC SAREP.