By: Elias Marvinney and Boon Ling
Recipe for the Dried Tomato Pesto
- Makes around 1 cup
4 Garlic Cloves
½ cup (packed) basil leaves
½ cup toasted whole almonds
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ tsp coarse salt
1 generous packed sun dried tomatoes in oil
¼ cup grated parmigano regianno
1 cup olive oil
1. Drain your sun dried tomatoes, lightly rinse them, and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. Toast your almonds in a dry shallow pan. They will take about 10 minutes, and you will smell when they are done.
3. In a large food processor, combine the basil, toasted almonds, garlic, lemon zest, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped.
4. Add the dried tomatoes and parmigano cheese and process until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped.
5. Now stream in the olive oil slowly and process until the pesto comes together.
6. Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks.